Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Computer Hassles

My computer's on the blink. I haven't been able to use it since Sunday and the computer engineer who showed up yesterday whisked it off for god knows how long, saying there was some problem with the motherboard. So I have swiped my father's laptop and am watching him do a restless jig in the background. What to do. I told him I use it a lot more than he does and that it makes more sense for me to have it than for it to be sitting around in his flat so he can look up his mails for five minutes every day. He sighed and gave in. He probably thinks, first it's my shirts, then it's my camera, then it's various other knick knacks I've bought, now she wants my computer. Yeah, that's what daughters are for, to help lighten their dads' loads in life so they can walk light and easy on this earth.

1 comment:

Stardust said...

I find this possessiveness about one's computer to be very interesting. Even if I am not using my computer, if another family member wants to use it I immediately ask "what for?, how long?" even if I had nothing important to do on it at the moment.

My parents have a computer, which my father's sister bought for their 50th wedding anniversary present three years ago. Several months ago, it conked out and my husband told them he had to bring it back to our house because it would be more convenient for him to work on after he got home from work each day. They acted like we were taking their right arms! The questions started..."do you have to take it? How long do you think it will take for you to fix it? When will you bring it back?" Mind you, all my parents do on the internet is email and play the games on Google. :-S

Hope your computer is fixed soon.